BECOME OUR LEAD R&D ENGINEER!
You are an R&D engineer with experience in the bio-based industries (preferably with experience in insect farming) and are excited to join an international and growing team to invent the future of food production?
Then scroll down to check what we´re looking for and send us your CV to email@example.com !
ABOUT LIVIN FARMS
We, Livin Farms, are creating and shaping an innovative new food sector: edible insects!
We are about to ship our first desktop Hive to efficiently grow mealworms on your kitchen counter for which we have successfully finished a Kickstarter campaign (www.bit.ly/livinhive) and secured first VC funding.
We are a truly global startup company with operations in both Hong Kong and the maker paradise of the world, Shenzhen, China! There, we are working out of our investor´s office space, surrounded by about 20 international ground-breaking technology startup teams: www.hax.co
We are now developing an exciting and challenging new product- and this is where you come in!
- Lead R&D Engineering (both holistically on mechanical components and electronics) for insect farming equipment
- Lead Testing and Evaluation during all stages of product development
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to take projects from specification and schedule, through implementation,DFM, manufacturing, and onward to launch and scaling
- A combination of education or experience in Engineering:
- ideally Mechatronics: mechanical understanding plus skills in electrical engineering
- Bio-Engineering: applying engineering skills to develop novel insect farming methods (valid experiences might also be in related fields, e.g. urban farming, plant growing, etc)
- Experience in rapid prototyping and testing
- Ideally experience with agricultural processes, setting up or maintaining agricultural facilities and production sites
- Eagerness to learn quickly and test and iterate ideas quickly
- Ideally experience in setting up controlled climatic environments
- Hands-on approach and leadership mentality
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- You like to work in startup environments, you are flexible and work independently. You are ideally based in either in Europe or Shenzhen/Hong Kong area. You are willing to travel or to move.
- You are excited to grow the future of food production with us!
- Lead Position in a promising emerging industry sector
- Diverse and global work environment, exposure to international partners and collaborators
- Flexible work and vacation schedule